For admission to MBA, MCA and ME/MTech/MArch Degree programmes offered by colleges the test which is conducted in Tamil Nadu State is named as Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET). The conducting body for TANCET is Anna University, Chennai it conducts this examination on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu. In the state of Tamil Nadu different types of University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Centers of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges, Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) accept the scores that the aspirant has secured in the TANCET. For all mandatory and detailed information all the aspirants are advised to go through this following article.
|Level of Examination||PG Level|
|Examination Category||National Level Examination For Admission|
|Exam Conducts||Once a year|
|Examination Score Validity||One year|
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The aspirant must have completed his/her graduation with at least 50% marks if belongs to a non reserved category and 45% if from some reserved category.
- The aspirants who are in the final year of graduation can also apply for the same.
- No specified age criteria are being released by the officials yet.
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2018 Examination Centers
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2018 Important Dates
|Jan 29||TANCET MBA 2017 registrations starts|
|Feb 28||TANCET MBA 2017 registrations last date|
|Mar 15||TANCET MBA 2017 admit card release|
|Mar 25||TANCET MBA 2017 exam|
|Apr 11||TANCET MBA 2017 results|
|Jun 30||TANCET MBA 2017 counselling registrations|
|Jul 24||TANCET MBA 2017 counselling|
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2018 Examination Pattern
- The time duration will be 2hrs.
- Total no. of questions will be 100.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer whereas for each incorrect answer 1/3 mark will be deducted.
- The questions will be from the sections