A National Entrance Test (NET) exam which is named as TISSNET is being conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). In TISS campuses at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi this exam is conducted for all Masters programmes. Any MBA programme is not offered by TISS. Instead various other Masters degrees are being offered by the colleges. This TISS-NET is a computer-based test. The names of the sections from which the MCQs will be asked are Social Sensitivity, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Knowledge on Contemporary issues. The durations of the examination will be of 1hr and 40minutes. For more detailed and mandatory information aspirants require to go through this article.
|Level of Examination||PG Level|
|Examination Category||National Level Examination For Admission|
|Exam Conducts||Once a year|
|Examination Score Validity||One year|
Tata Institute of Social Sciences NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- a) From a well recognized university or board aspirant must hold a degree of minimum 3yr duration.
- b) The aspirants who are in the last year of their graduation can also apply for the same.
- c) The aspirant must have passed in all the subjects in graduation level.
- d) No age criteria is there as per the officials for TISSNET.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences NET 2018 Important Dates
|Nov 25||Last Date for Online form application/ registration|
|Nov 27||Last Date for receipt of application form by post|
|Dec 18||Admit Cards Download: Start Date|
|Dec 19||Admit Cards Download: Last Date|
|Dec 22 – Dec 23||Pre-admission orientation Programme for SC/ST/OBC/Minority and PWD candidates|
|Jan 06||TISS-NET Exam|
|Jan 27||TISS-NET 2018 results|
|Mar 03||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 1): Start Date|
|Mar 11||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 1): End Date|
|Mar 13||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 2): Start Date|
|Mar 17||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 2): End Date|
|Mar 20||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 3): Start Date|
|Mar 23||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 3): End Date|
|Mar 26||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 4): Start Date|
|Mar 29||Pre-Interview Test and PI (Round 4): End Date|
Tata Institute of Social Sciences NET 2018 Examination Pattern
- 100 multiple choice questions related to subjects of Social Sensitivity, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Knowledge on Contemporary issues will come in the Examination.
- 1hr and 40minutes will be allotted for completing 100 MCQs.
- No negative marking is there as per the notification of the officials.
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30|