On October 1, 2017 the notification for PGIMER 2018 was declared. For admission to its 16 MD (Doctor of Medicine) and 4 MS (Master of Surgery) courses the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh conducted an exam which is named as PGIMER 2018 entrance exam. This national level examination is conducted twice a year. The admission of all the aspirants will totally base on the merit list that will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in PIGMER EE 2018. All the eligible and interested aspirants are being advised to go through this following article, as it is having all the mandatory and detailed information regarding the PIGMER 2018.
PIGMER 2018 Summary
|Level of Examination||UG Level|
|Examination Category||National Level Examination For Admission|
|Exam Conducts||Twice a year|
|Examination Score Validity||One year|
|Conducting Authority||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research|
|Name of examination||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2018|
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2018 Application Procedure
- From the official website of the PIGMER all the aspirants can register their names.
- All the columns of the application should be filled up correctly.
- After proper filling of the application form the applicant must deposit the fees via challan in SBI.
- At last all the aspirants are being advised to take at least 2 printouts of the filled application form.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- It is a PG programme so all the aspirants are supposed to have completed their MBBS from any college which is being affiliated from Medical Council of India (MCI).
- With Central/State Medical Registration Council the applicant must be registered.
- One year rotator internship training should be completed of the aspirant on or before December 31 or June 30 for January and July sessions respectively.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2018 Important Dates
|Event||Dates for January Session|
|PGIMER 2018 Application form commencement||1st Oct, 2017|
|PGIMER 2018 Application form submission last date||30th October, 2017|
|PGIMER 2018 Entrance exam||26th November, 2017|
|PGIMER 2018 Result declaration||27th November, 2017|
|First counseling||15th December, 2017|
|Second counseling||9th January, 2018|
|Third counseling||19th January, 2018|
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2018 Examination Pattern
- The PIGMER 2018 will be a written examination.
- Total number of questions will be 250 and all the questions will come along with 5 options.
- Negative marking for incorrect answers is also there.
- The test will end up to 3hrs.
- The subjects taught during MBBS will become the syllabus here.